2017 news: The Year of the Cock

2017 news: The Year of the Cock



Artist H. emailed me a happy new year and informed me it’s the year of the cock. 

H. is the one who threw the delicious Tchaikovsky Pickle Surprise Party. He is also a photographer. Photographers are mostly good cooks, so artist P. sitting next to me at the dinner table told me.

The year of the cock is going to be good for business. There is a psychology of money, this gallerist J. told artist C. who then told me. 6000, for instance, sounds less than 5000.

J. also told C. that you have to give the buyers the idea that they are buying cheaply what is worth much more.

While making art, so J. advised C., try not too much to turn it  into art. 

A. told me there is a phase in each artist’s career in which you are cutting your own fingers. 

There is a disease artists can suffer from, so P., the same one who was sitting next to me at the dinner table: it’s called “aesthetic fatigue”.

Beauty comes from the inside, but most people get stuck on appearances. That’s probably why, so artist W. was thinking, Joseph Beuys wrapped a grand piano in felt: to mess up aesthetic perception.

Arial is not a good font for reading long texts, editor J. informed me. The text you’re reading now is in that Arial font so I'm gonna keep it short. 

3D printing sounds futuristic until you discover it takes 10 hours to print an object of 30x30x8 cm. 

If you make art that runs with a particular technology, your art is bound to be dated in the near future. “My work becoming dated! What a trip!”, so the artist who collages cat videos on Youtube. 

FACEBOOK TWITTER TUMBLR PINTEREST