How Does a New Sound Begin? Three Teachings

How Does a New Sound Begin? Three Teachings


During my online class with the art students in Burg Giebichenstein in Halle, we have a conversation with artist Wolfgang Müller about post-punk. Wolfgang says that appearances play in our society a much bigger role than inner values do.  

We also listen to Genesis P-Orridge talking about industrial music that they invented in the mid 1970s, a time of riots, strikes, and high unemployment in the UK. "How does a new sound begin?" Genesis asks. "From the people." 

Since I can't travel to Venice to teach an intensive writing workshop, I teach the students online twice a week. I'm enjoying this slower way of teaching. I tell so to Claudio Cravero, who invited me to teach. He says that in yoga there is the philosophy of "Rest and Digest" instead of "Fight and Flight".

In my online workshop for Zeta Gallery in Tirana, I propose short finger exercises in writing. Olson tells me that there is an Albanian saying: "I don't have time to write short. Because of this I write long."*


* A reader told me it might be recycled from Mark Twain's: ‘I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I wrote a long one instead.' 
FACEBOOK TWITTER TUMBLR PINTEREST