Also Birds Have Taste

Also Birds Have Taste

 


In the afternoon, going out for my daily cappuccino, I have been observing the neighbourhood's pigeons sitting in one and the same tree every day. Why do they always pick the same tree? I was wondering.  


So I called artist Wolfgang Müller who knows about birds. First, I asked him why pigeons like to sit together. There are a few reasons, I gathered, but one of the most important is that being in a group protects them from predators. 


"And why always in the same tree?" I asked Wolfgang. "Auch Vögel haben Geschmack," he said. (Also birds have taste). 


Wolfgang has uttered dead-pan opinions about taste, in this case human taste, to me before, like: "The world will go under in bad taste. That's a strong statement, but before you can refute it, it's already too late."

FACEBOOK TWITTER TUMBLR PINTEREST