At the Hairdresser

At the Hairdresser


 

Do you also have a hard time saying no to the hairdresser? I hadn't been at the hair salon for months and when I went yesterday, I was so bored out of my mind with myself that I was up for everything. Hairdressers have a sixth sense for when their customer is vulnerable. So mine suggested we do a copper colouring: "I always thought of you as a copper kind of person." I felt honoured because I'm a big fan of Isabelle Huppert and Tilda Swinton. My hairdresser got really enthusiastic about the idea. I don't like to kill someone's creativity, so I said "why not." 


Another thing of the hairdresser is that it's always cut shorter than one had imagined. After the facts, she explained to me that when you want it short in the back, it needs to transition also to short in the front. 


So yes, I got what I wanted and once I left the hair salon, I was a new person. One tip though: don't make an appointment with a friend or a colleague after you've been at the hairdresser. I had to call my friend T and tell him it was too cold for me to go on that walk. I had to get used to my shift in identity and wasn't ready to be immediately confronted with other people's opinions. When I got home, I had to do a bit of readjustments to make it more me and then it was time to send the obligatory photo to my mom. 


FACEBOOK TWITTER TUMBLR PINTEREST